* observing 15 years of pesticide policy in Vermont and learning about aspects of federal pesticide policy such as risk assessment, inert ingredients;
* studying independent researchers' findings on biocides, including endocrine disrupting compounds, and their effects on Earth Community;
* observing government processes for electric transmission project approval;
* participating in the environmental permit process for transmission projects;
* witnessing project construction in comparison with permit requirements;
* discovering that maintenance of infrastructure with biocides was long-term practice but was never discussed during project approval process.